“Sources close to two Giants players told Pro Football Weekly that the players don’t necessarily hate their coach, but they have grown tired of his rah-rah style in the locker room and feel he has been outcoached more often than not lately. Has he lost the players? The consensus is probably not, but another poor season — if he’s retained — would certainly mean the end.”
1) Do the Giants play their best football each week? Do they beat themselves more often than they should during a 16 game schedule?
2) Does Coughlin make game decisions/ manage the clock effectively?
3) Do the Giants repeat mistakes?
4) Does the coaching staff maximize the talents of players like Shockey, Jacobs and Manning, to name just three?
5) What is our record with Shanahan, Parcells or Cowher?