1) Steelers-Ravens: Field Turf at Baltimore helps them, not the same as Heinz Field. Numbers DO tell the story for Pit defense, not a single team has put up 300 yds vs the Steelers this season. (ultimatenyg> Yes, but the Giants got into the red zone SIX times, were able to move the ball against them. Like Wonder says, Play Action against 8 men in the box. That was what got us 7 vs them in that last drive.) Romo took chances last week against the Steelers that he did not need to take. Roethlisberger has much more patience, plays within their approach. Both defenses are complicated. Simms likes Polamulu (over Ed Reed), makes the tackles also, defends the pass and is around the ball. Even though Simms is doing the game, you could tell in between the lines that he was leaning towards the Steelers because their defense is better and because Roethlisberger is the veteran and Flacco is the student.
2) Giants-Cowboys: Distraction for the Cowboys is real. In between the lines, players are calling out the coaches. That is when it is very bad. Jones means well, but when you get too close to the players, doesn’t work. Players think they are part of the process, and it blurs the line of responsibility, where responsibility/roles end. This does not help Romo. Without Jacobs (who drives the Giants offense), that will be enough for the Cowboys to win the game. Dallas will not overpower the Giants OL, but they won’t be run over because Jacobs not there. The Giants have time to fix their problems, need Hixon healthy, get Jacobs back, be ready for the playoffs. Next weekend, they will beat the Carolina Panthers, the Giants match up well with them in all 3 or 4 major categories and will win.
3) Jets-Bills: the Bills will shut off the Jets passing game. Bills too weak though, the Jets will win. Favre, take away Denver game, he is throwing the ball well, no one got open in SF.
4) Texans-Titans: Texans have a chance at home today. If Schaub can get protection, they will win. After Ryans and Williams, the Texans defense falls off too fast and will lose the game for them.
5) Simms MVP (at the moment) is James Harrison of the Pittsburgh Steelers. “He makes 3 to 4 plays EVERY game.” Francesa chimed in with Peyton Manning.